A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website's computer and stored on your computer or mobile device.
Each website can send its own cookies to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Many sites save cookies whenever a user visits their website in order to:
- Provide website personalisation (for example: saving preferences such as font size, accessibility features, template versions etc.)
- Save data or user’s decisions (for example: removing the need to enter login and password on every website, remembering a login during for the next visit, keeping information on products added to a shopping cart)
- Provide social media integration (for example: displaying your friends, fans or post publishing on Facebook directly from the website)
- Adjust adverts that are displayed on the website and make the 'more relevant' to the person viewing them
- Create website and flow statistics between different websites to track online traffic flows
Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided and you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of websites. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
You can clear cookies stored by your browser e.g. by using one of its menu options or a third party add-in. For further information, please refer to your browser's 'Help' documentation.
During the course of any visit to our websites, the pages you see are downloaded to your computer. In addition we may download cookies.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to provide you with a better online user experience and assist us to analyse the profile of our visitors. For example: you need to allow the session cookie to be able to send us a message via the contact form or login to a client account (if you have one).
This site uses the following cookies:
|Session||This is a session cookie for encrypted sessions||End of session|
|cookieconsent_status||An e-privacy cookie that records your response (decline or accept) to the alert that appears at the bottom of the screen. This cookie is required to enable us to comply with the current cookie regulations. You can change its value via the cookie options that appear when you first view the website or when you click the 'cookie options' button at the bottom left corner of the screen.||24 hours|
|wf_editor_state_jform_articletext||Only applies to users who can use the built-in editor. Records the state of the viewing toggle (content or code).||End of session|
Set during pageload of some forms. It is mainly used to identify uniquely each visitor. It also helps the extension to tell whether the visitor has seen a particular box. No personal information such as IP address, User Agent string or the Joomla! User ID is stored.
|End of session|
Last updated: 25 Jul 2021