"I fear for my own safety when strapping my child into a car seat from the street side..." (MZ)
- Published: 19 June 2020 19 June 2020
Lewisham Council is planning to introduce changes that will impact us all and they have another online survey to hear from locals residents across the borough (details below)...
We know that Drakefell Road has been identified by researchers as a corridor with pavements too narrow to observe social distancing rules. I have highlighted Drakefell Road in yellow on the map shown on the left. Roads shown in purple are wide enough to observe physical distancing. As things stand, ours isn’t.
- Provide safe space on pavements
- Create dedicated parking bays
- Create safe crossing points
Ensure slower traffic speeds so that people feel they can cycle safely
- Avoid more redirect traffic as a result of closing other roads